Gambling has always been a big part of different cultures worldwide, including in Australia, where it dates back to 1810 when the very first forms of gambling were introduced. Slot machines, however, appeared in the early 1950s and became quite popular across the land. Aussies' love for pokies is still unbreakable to this day. As such, most if not all casinos offer free pokies to their patrons, and even go further and provide what's known as no deposit bonuses to enable you to enjoy your favorites for free.
No Deposit Bonuses
This is a casino award that's offered without necessarily depositing anything. It's very common in online betting houses as it's the most sought after kind of promotion. It's made available in various forms - free spins, free play, and bonus cash, which can be claimed to take part in different free pokies.
Important Pokies Terms
Just like in any other casino game type, you should learn everything about slots before playing to ensure that you know what's going on throughout your gameplay session. Listed below are important terms to help you get a vivid picture of what these particular games require.
- Pokies: It's a word used to describe video slots in New Zealand and Australia.
- Reels: Vertical stripes/lines on slot machines that spin when you hit the 'spin button'.
- Re-Spin: It refers to a feature that locks certain reels while the others spin.
- Double Up: This lets the player double or quadruple their wins, sometimes referred to as the Gamble.
- Expanding Wild: Just as the name indicates, it's a wild symbol that replaces other icons on the reels and has the capability to expand and fill the entire reel.
- Jackpot: It is simply the highest prize one can win in a game.
- Multiplier: It describes the feature that multiplies your wins.
- Paytable: A section on the slot machine that displays rules, winning combinations, and prizes amongst other facts.
- Wilds: These are special symbols that substitute all other symbols apart from certain bonus features and scatters.
- Scatters: An icon that isn't required to appear on a payline to activate a bonus round or payout.
This refers to online slot games that players are able to play without paying. Usually, casinos select their finest titles to offer for free play to try to get a bigger following. Note that free pokies are offered through demo/practice mode feature on betting sites. These games have different themes, narratives, and no deposit free spins just like their real money counterparts. Essentially, they give you a feel of the real deal without any charges at all. However, no winnings can be withdrawn from these games as they make use of virtual funds.
Why Play Free Games?
Some folks wonder why someone would want to play free games. However, if you're an enthusiastic online gambler, you know exactly why it's important.
- Improve Your Skills: Taking part in free pokies helps you learn how various bonus rounds are triggered, how the scoring works with scatters, wilds, and other symbols.
- No Signup Required: Most operators let you enjoy free game titles without registering an account. Therefore, you can access their best titles via web browsers on your mobile and desktop casinos.
- Fun Gameplay: Sometimes you just want to enjoy different games without the pressure to bet and manage funds. With these titles, you can play for fun with unlimited credits and get to explore as many of them as you wish.
The Latest Free Pokies
Online pokies are by far the most sought after casino game titles. This is why betting houses partner with top slots suppliers such as Microgaming, Aristocrat, Playtech, NetEnt, IGT, and Bally Technologies to ensure they have the best for their customers. Below is a list of new free pokies:
- Dragon Born Megaways
- Cash Noire
- Olympus Strikes
- Golden Genie and the Walking Wilds
- Happy Panda
- Mega Masks
- Robin Hood Shifting Riches
- Black Mamba
- Moon Goddess
- Vegas Hits