Most football fans spice up their association with their favourite clubs through football betting. This adds to the thrill and joy of following their clubs and players in action. Today, Australian rules football betting and it's one of the most lucrative markets.
This guide on Australian football league betting suggest some tips and ideas to bolster your betting strategy.
How Australian Football League Betting Works
If this is your first attempt at football betting, it's important to understand how this works. The industry runs around bookmakers who provide odds on the probability of the outcome of league matches.
Odds help you determine the likelihood of any event and your potential winnings. You will find the odds as fractions (2/1) or as decimals (2.00) against the specific teams.
These odds can be for the final result, individual goal scorers, the number of corners and cards and many other options. Different bookmarks have varying odds though the difference is minimal.
After the match, you receive the winnings after confirmation of the outcome. Your will receive your original stake plus the winnings from the odds in your account.
Football Betting Options Galore
Here are some of the most popular betting options you should consider.
- The Match Bet: The simplest bet where you predict the result of a match; Home Team, Away Team or Draw. The match bet doesn't factor extra -time or penalties but the action in ordinary play time.
- Half Time/Full Time: This is an exciting way to boost your winnings. This option allows you to put a stake on result of the first half and/or the second half. Like in a match bet, you can select Home Team, Away Team or Draw for one or both halves.
- Double Chance: To increase your chance of winning, consider betting on two or three combined outcomes; Home Team or Draw/Away Team or Draw/Home Team or Away Team. If either of these combinations win you get paid though the odds are lower.
- Accumulators: Betting on more than one match. The higher the number of teams, the higher the odds. If you win, this means your payout is greater.
- Who to score? You can place bets on the goal scorers from either teams.
- Scorecast/Score/Wincasts: You can increase the odds by predicting the goal scorer plus the result.
- Over and under betting: This is a popular option to stake on the number of goals in a match. Bookmakers provide a number and you place a bet on whether the goals will be under or over the number.
- Draw No Bet: A bet on the outcome of the match but if it's a draw, you get your stake back.
- Asian Handicap bet: Where you pick a bet with a handicap (a + or a -) to overcome.
Tips for A-League Betting
Here are some tips to remember for Australian football league betting.
- Learn all football rules before playing.
- Find a reputable bookmaker/sportsbook.
- Leave emotions at the door.
- Research hard before playing.
- Look at every match individually.
- Stick to bets you understand.
- Form is critical (the team, top players).
- Injuries, bans and other team info is crucial.
- Avoid markets that look like too much of a gamble.
- Create a realistic staking strategy.
- Consider different markets (goals, corners, results, goal scorers).
With the A-league always dishing out exciting action, there's fun to be had betting on football games in the country.